Nice piece from the Boston Globe on the positive benefits of solitude. (My friend Adam Waytz, from the Harvard psychology department, gets a mention.)
Congenitally blind people use visual cortex to do language processing
An essay by June Carbone regards the role of neuroscience in determining punishment for adolescents who commit crimes such as murder. Focused on a recent US Supreme Court decision on the juvenile death penalty, the piece points out some of the limitations of applying neuroscientific findings to issues of jurisprudence.
A new study from researchers at Northeastern University says day traders make more money when they stay with the herd.
- A US Senator that actually reads studies, not just use as prop bit.ly/nFssuO 3 years ago
- Drugging and Driving: Benzos, opioids and antidepressants, and increased risk of driving accidents http://bit.ly/l2PzQl 3 years ago
- Read this before spending time in the sun! http://bit.ly/ivwtvx 3 years ago
- Social cognitive deficits in autism http://bit.ly/jPvG7W 3 years ago
- Google MindReader? http://bit.ly/lfXHT8 3 years ago
- Some news and speculation on the Marc Hauser situation. http://bit.ly/kVz1ey 3 years ago